My Crop LLC (also “My Crop”, “we”, “us” or “our”) own and run the Site and/or the App you are currently using.
It’s really important that we protect your privacy, and that you understand your privacy rights, as you use our platforms and Service(s).
This Policy does apply to data collected:
- by My Crop through the Site or App, and
- in email, text or other electronic messages between you and us while you use our Services.
This Policy does not apply to:
- information collected offline
- information collected by any third party or through our affiliate sites.
Also, as the use of technology changes, our use of new and exciting technology changes as well. We strongly suggest you revisit this Policy from time to time for any updates regarding our use of technology and how it relates to your information.
Please note, if you use our Services that means you agree to this Policy as posted. If you do not agree with this Policy, you must stop using the Services. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
When we use the bolded words in the policy, they will have the meaning we’ve given in this section. Any word you see bolded in this Agreement and not defined here, is defined in our Terms and Conditions of Use; which you can fine here.
“App” means the My Crop Mobile Application.
“Personal Information” means any information that may identify you directly or indirectly. This could be as simple as your name, address, phone number, social media handles, device information or email-address. This could also include information about you that does not individually identify you (such as how you use our Services) or information about your internet connection and the equipment you use to access our services. When you access our Services using a mobile device, we and/or our business partners may also collect information such as the unique device identifier (“UDID”) of your device, identifier for advertisers (“IDFA”), identifier for vendors (“IDFV”), device type, and other technical information. We may also collect information about the device, such as its hardware model, operating system and version, and motion information. Please note, this list is not exhaustive and more specifics around the information we collect is below in Information We Collect.
“Service(s)” means any service offered through our Site or App that allows youth athletes to share video highlights of their performances, skillsets, and training with other athletes, family, fans, and recruiters.
“Site” will mean www.mycrop-sports.com
1. Information We Collect
As you use our Services, the categories of information we collect are your:
- Email Address
- Home/work/mobile telephone number
- Postal or physical address
- Credit/debit card information
- Instagram profile information (when you use Instagram to log-in to our Services or to create an account for our Services)
- Facebook profile information (when you use Facebook to log-in to our Services or to create an account for our Services)
- IP addresses and other information collected by your use outlined in Section 4 below.
- Device identifiers or Geo-location when using the Services*
*When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID“). From time to time, we may send you push notifications to inform you about events or promotions we may be running. If you want to stop receiving these types of communications, you can turn them off in the applicable “Settings” profile for your device. We may also collect information about where you are located when you are using our Services. We use this data to optimize your connection and suggest customizations (for example, video speeds). We share this information with our data center provider and our advertising partners. If you do not want us to share this information for these purposes, please opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. How We Collect Information
The ways we collect information are:
- Directly from you through registration forms you fill out,
- When you sign up for Services,
- As you use and pay for Services,
- When you report a problem with our Services,
- From records and copies of our discussions with you (including e-mail addresses) if you contact us,
- From messages you send to other users of the Service(s),
- Automatically as you use the Services, where it relates to things like usage details, IP addresses, data connections, and information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies,
- From third party business partners or affiliates,
- Billing and collecting payment for use of Services,
- Participating in groups or forums,
- Registering for newsletter subscriptions
3. Why We Collect Your Information
Collecting this information enables us to do administrative processing, provide our Services, and meet our legal obligations. You may refuse to provide some or all of your information (including Personal Information); however, keep in mind this may limit the ways in which we can interact with you, including providing you with our Services.
As you use our Services, we collect information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns using automatic data collection technologies. Examples of this are information about your computer and internet connection, access dates and times, crash information, data connection, location, device information, IP address, operating system and browser type. Keep in mind, information we collect automatically does not include Personal Information and helps us improve the user experience of our Services. The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
IP ADDRESS. When you visit the Site, or use an App, we may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address for marketing and customer experience purposes. Please note, this information is not personally identifiable, because it does not directly identify you (although it may identify the computer you are using.)
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS. A “cookie” is a piece of text that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to a Service. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and tailor Services to customer needs. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. However, you can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. Note, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Services and their features.
ANALYTICS COOKIES. We use web analytic services to understand how people use our Services, as well as keep our Services relevant, easy to use and up-to-date. Cookies allow web analytic services to recognize your browser or device, but do not contain Personal Information.
LOCATION INFORMATION. Depending on your device settings, My Crop may collect your precise or approximate location information, as determined by GPS, IP address or WiFi.
6. What We Do with Your Information
- Consent: Where you give us permission to process your Personal Information for a specific purpose
- Legal Obligation: Where we must process your Personal Information to comply with law
- Legitimate Interests: Where it is in the interest of us or our third parties (for example, optimizing your experience with the Services, communicating with you on requests you’ve made, protecting against harassment or misuse of the Services and monitoring fraud.)
The specific ways we process your Personal Information is to:
- Facilitate your communications with other users through groups, forums or chats;
- Provide you with notices, service related emails or fulfill service requests;
- Administer, customize, personalize, analyze and improve our services, technologies, communications and relationships with you;
- Offer the Services and its contents to you subject to requirements under any legal agreements with you;
- Enforce our terms with you to protect the security of our Services;
- Analyze the demographics, transaction histories, and preferences of our users to better the experience;
- Offer support for our Services;
- Comply with all reporting and other legal requirements or proceedings;
- Perform research and analysis for product development;
- Communicate with you on all the newest happenings, announcements, maintenance, updates, changes, or offers;
- Customize marketing to you based on your preferences and requests; and
- Hire or utilize third party vendors and service providers in connection with our Services.
If any of the above concern you, you may contact us at email@example.com to remove or deactivate your profile.
7. Your Rights
You have right with regard to your Personal Information. You may access your information and ensure that it is correct. You may also option out of receiving certain communications from us or our partners by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, would like access to your information, or need to correct/update your information please contact us at email@example.com.
Certain countries afford additional rights to its citizen and residents certain rights with their personal information (for example, those countries who are members of the European Union and the United Kingdom). Depending on where you live, or access the Services, you have the right to:
- Access any Personal Information we may hold of yours;
- Stop the processing of your Personal Information for use to directly market to you;
- Request a copy of any Personal Information of yours that we may have;
- Request we move your Personal information to another party or service;
- Restrict or limit the way we process your Personal Information
- Request we delete any of your Personal Information that we may have
- Request we update your Personal Information
Once a request is made, we will reply as soon as possible. But ensure that responses fall within the time periods outlined in the law applicable to the request.
Please note, there may be certain exemptions that apply, and would change our obligations should you make one of the requests listed. For example, we may be required to process or keep your Personal Information to comply with law.
Also, please keep in mind that there may be bits of information left in our systems that does not directly identify you, for example data on your behavior with the Services.
8. How Long We Keep Your Data
The length of time we keep your Personal Information depends on the type of Personal Information and the purposes we’ve specified for collecting it. Where applicable, we ensure your Personal Information is not kept any longer than reasonably necessarily to comply with law or administering the Services.
9. Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing. However, we may share generic aggregated demographic information (such as the total number of visitors) not linked to Personal Information with our business partners and trusted affiliates.
We may also:
- Share your Personal Information with business partners or affiliated applications.
- Use third party service providers to administer activities (such as advertising, etc.) on our behalf but only disclose information for the limited purpose of performing those services.
- Disclose Personal Information where our assets are being purchased or sold, where we are being acquired, go out of business, or restructure and the assets we transfer include user information.
- Disclose information: (i) To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (for example, to initiate communication with other users or facilitate a pickup); (ii) For any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; (iii) To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including a response to any government or regulatory request; (iv) To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or take precautions against liability; (v) If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others (vi) With affiliates or subsidiaries; or (vii) With the public where information is posted to a public forum.
Any Personal Information you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, becomes available to the public as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other users have copied or saved that information. My Crop may also retain information after you delete your account if required by law, such information is needed for investigation purposes or for archival purposes.
10. How We Secure Your Personal Information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to secure Personal Information. When you provide Personal Information we do our best to ensure it’s encrypted via SSL. However, none of these are fail-proof, and we ask for your cooperation in ensuring your information stays safe. Please note we may discard any information: (i) after your account has been cancelled or terminated, (ii) upon your request; or (iii) any time in our sole discretion, whichever occurs earlier.
11. Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through our Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Third Party Links
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third party websites and their use of information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. Your use of a third party website is at your own risk and we cannot be held liable from any damages, costs, fees or penalties arising or resulting from your use of third party sites.
13. Complaint or Inquiry
14. Internet Security and Possible Risks
My Crop cannot warrant the security of data while in transit to or from our Services. By using a Service, you understand we use commercially reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information.
15. Applicable Law
Any claim relating to the Services will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Texas without reference to its choice of law provisions, and shall be resolved solely through proceedings held within the State of Texas.
17. Data Transfer
To provide Services to you, your Personal Information will be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States. Your Personal Information may also be processed by staff, agents or vendors operating in India, Philippines and other countries used by our third party suppliers. However, we take steps to ensure your Personal Information is treated in accordance with this Policy. By providing your Personal Information to use Services, you consent to the transfer and processing outlined above.
18. Beta Releases
We sometimes release alpha and beta versions of our products, which are further refined before the release of the final version. Because these products are still in a test phase we may not always catch an unintended privacy issue, despite our efforts. However, we welcome user feedback on any privacy concerns you may have.
19. Privacy Rights for California, North Dakota and Vermont Residents
California. A California resident may request us not to share Personal Information with a third party. Existing California users can provide us with their order ID, name, email address and postal address either by email at email@example.com. In case of any email inquiry, users will receive a computer generated reply confirming our receipt. In accordance with California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with California Department of Consumer Affairs, 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 or by phone at 800-952-5210.
North Dakota. Pursuant to state law, we will only share information with our service providers and with third parties as required or permitted by law or as permitted by you.
Vermont. We will not disclose information about you with our affiliated companies or with Non-Affiliated Third Parties, other than as required or permitted by law or permitted by you.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 5/28/2018 PLEASE PRINT AND RETAIN A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR RECORDS.